|This article is a stub. You can help Leftypedia by expanding it.|
Protestantism is a Christian sect and religious organization. It was founded by Martin Luther in the Protestant Reformation because of the corruption of the Catholic Church. A main idea of the sect is of denying the universal authority of the Pope and affirming the Reformation principles of justification by faith alone, the priesthood of all believers, and the primacy of the Bible as the only source of revealed truth. It is the most practiced religion in the United States and the second most in the world, so accordingly it has a lot of influence in politics and general life.
Protestantism was formed by Martin Luther due to corruption in the Catholic Church.
- Lexico Dictionaries | English. n.d. Protestant | Definition Of Protestant By Oxford Dictionary On Lexico.Com Also Meaning Of Protestant. [online] Available at: <https://www.lexico.com/definition/protestant> [Accessed 1 November 2020].
- www.dictionary.com. n.d. Definition Of Luther | Dictionary.Com. [online] Available at: <https://www.dictionary.com/browse/martin-luther> [Accessed 1 November 2020].
- Merriam-webster.com. n.d. Definition Of PROTESTANT. [online] Available at: <https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/protestant> [Accessed 1 November 2020].
- protestant. (n.d.) American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. (2011). Retrieved November 1 2020 from https://www.thefreedictionary.com/protestant
- Pew Research Center's Religion & Public Life Project. 2015. Religious Composition By Country, 2010-2050. [online] Available at: <https://www.pewforum.org/2015/04/02/religious-projection-table/2010/number/all> [Accessed 1 November 2020]./
- Newport, F., 2016. Five Key Findings On Religion In The U.S.. [online] Gallup.com. Available at: <https://news.gallup.com/poll/200186/five-key-findings-religion.aspx> [Accessed 1 November 2020].